Tuesday, April 26, 2011

A Picture is worth 1,000 Words –Women’s Conference Easter Weekend

You know they say that a picture is worth a thousand words. Well here are a couple of pictures that have a heartbreaking story behind them.

So the first day of the conference many women spoke and there were quite a few deliverances. It always amazes me when God shows up to give divine revelation then the anointed know how to pray and lay hands upon the sick or afflicted. There were many deliverances, miracles, signs, and wonders; God showed up in a mighty way, I will try to write about all of them.

We took a break in the evening session before the day’s final evangelist was to speak in a night time revival. We were invited to walk over to the Bishop’s mother’s house which was next to the church. I went back to the church to use the latrine then the entire group was walking back my way. There was a woman with them and a man with a helmet, I didn’t think anything about it.

The group walked back to the piki piki (motorcycle). They told me that the woman, which was Bishop’s sister in law, had just given birth and the man with the helmet was her husband. I was so amazed and asked if I could take her picture. It totally amazed me that a woman would give birth and in the same day come to the woman’s conference to get the word of God. Then the fact that she came to the conference on a piki piki really shocked me. See it is about an hour from the hospital then the roads are horrible and there are many bumps and crevices. Then I was amazed thinking about what if she had been cut, no wonder she was wiping some tears it must have hurt.

My elders corrected me and told me that she didn’t come to get the word of God but to get the Grandmother so she could help her hold the baby on the piki piki on the way home cause they had a long journey. The strength of an African woman just absolutely amazes me daily. Where I live, I will see a pregnant woman with a 5 gallon jug of water on her head and a baby strapped to her back walking uphill. I thank God I was blessed to have lived the life I had lived in the USA, and then I realize that these women do not know any different.

So I continued taking a few pictures and as you can see, after picture number six, I had kind of received a look like I had taken enough pictures.

They know that many mzungu (white people) don’t see many things as normal that are normal in Africa and we make a fool out of ourselves all the time. About fifteen minutes later we are informed that the conference is canceled and we must load up in the car and go to the house where we are staying.

Later that evening Bishop informed us of the truth about what had happened. His sister in law went into early labor at 8 months into her pregnancy. The baby lived for one hour and died. Remember TIA (This Is Africa), and in America this never would have happened as we have the most advanced in medical care. Oh how embarrassed I was that I had taken pictures at such a horrible time. I asked the Bishop, “Hey why didn’t we pray to God and ask Him to raise the baby from the dead”. He said that he wasn’t sure how his very young flock would handle the news about the baby and knew they would be heartbroken. He wasn’t sure if that was in God’s will to raise the baby from the dead and if God said no to the prayer it might hinder his flock’s faith in God. So he let them continue home with their dead baby, as they needed to bury it the next day. They canceled the revival so that the Bishop could drive to pick them up because the motorcycle ran out of gas along the way.

Oh how sick I was over this situation. I begged Bishop to explain and apologize to this family about my stupidity. I asked my mentor women, “Why did we NOT discern this situation, as we were so into the spirit fifteen minutes prior to that moment. God had shown up and many were delivered from evil spirits.” They told me because we were no longer in the upper room as spoke about in the days of the early church. When those things happened and the heavens opened up we were under a spiritual covering. When we walked outside we were no longer under the covering of the heavens.

Anyway, God has His reasons, and who am I to question HIM?!?!

Well I am up to about 823 words, and I am sure I could make it to 1,000 if I really wanted to but I chose not to this time. Just remember when I post pictures of the people or the scenery, there is always a story behind it that is way different than what we would see in America. May Mungu Akupariki (God Bless You)

No comments:

Post a Comment