Tuesday, June 28, 2011

How I became a full time Missionary

I heard the voice of the Lord, saying, Whom shall I send? And who will go for Us? Then said I, Here am I; send me." ~Isaiah 6:8

....then He said, "Go"..... So, I just "Went"

Ok so it wasn't all that easy. My name is Becky and I have been a Christian for almost 12 years. I wasn't a flip switch Christian, on fire and ready to set the world on fire. I was more of the slow turn-dial Christian. I had to go through many years of healing and deliverance through the washing of the word and the Grace of God. My testimony will soon be posted here at a later time, as many have been asking for it.

He asked me to "Go" over 2 years ago, but I thought I heard Him wrong. He said, "Becky, get rid of everything and follow me." At the time, I seriously thought he meant to leave all at the foot of the cross and follow Him diligently (Math 6:33). See that was a very trying time in my life, as my world as I knew it, was completely turned upside down.

I mean seriously I didn't have a pastoral license or missionary papers. I was a financial analyst, who had been laid off from the corporate world for over 2 years. I couldn't land a job for anything. Even recruiters were baffled when they heard my interviews went awesome, but I didn't get the final pick. I couldn't even land a blue collar job. I guess if God wants you to work for Him, you won’t land a job, period. He will take care of you, regardless, as He promises in the word.

“Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothes? Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? Can any one of you by worrying add a single hour to your life? ~ Math 6:25-27.

As I painfully found out over the last 3 years, one will kind of just struggle in His permissive will, or finally figure out what His perfect will is for your life. So, I had to go through another year of brokenness, but I spent it at the foot of the Cross. Most of which I spent in the Pensecola Teen Challenge Womens center for serious depression. Then after I got out of the center I spent some time on the road, camping in a tent by lakes. Just Me and GOD.

Then when He asked again a few months later when I moved back to KC, I knew God wanted me to go out in the mission fields. I also knew I had evangelism in me, as I loved to talk to anyone and everyone about Jesus. If a tree would listen, I would talk to it about Jesus. I knew I could handle the rough conditions of a third world country, as I chose to live in a tent for a while. I just didn’t have the confidence that I could do it without a church financial umbrella, or the papers to be considered a missionary. I knew i had the prayer financial umbrella, as I had many great prayer intercessor friends. So I fasted and prayed. I asked for confirmation and for the prophets to give me direction. I received five confirmations, one woman actually told me I was supposed to go to Africa as a missionary.

So I made preparations to go. I moved all my belonging from the east coast of North Carolina back to Kansas. Then I also had to reapply for my passport, because Satan apparently did not want me here. See when I first moved back to KC I was in prayer with a family. We were in a prayer circle by the vehicle and someone stole my wallet with my passport in it. This happened while my purse was at my feet and all of us were holding hands with heads down. I guess I was really in the spirit praying, and some people have no fear. I suppose Satand still hasn't realized HE has lost.

The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full. ~ John 10:10

So, I bought my ticket, and saved the rest of my unemployment money until it was time for me to fly abroad. Gave away many things and tried my best to prepare, but I really didn't prepare in fasting and prayer as I should have. On December 6th, my flight took off from KC and I came over with $300 and a prayer.

It has been one amazing crazy experience after another. I write about most of them on my blog site, whenever God releases me to write them. I am now working with an International Missionary and Evangelizm Team, as well as a newly formed NGO. This partnership will be doing some amazing things in severely impovershed village communities. We believe God will take this vision worldwide, as the harvest is plenty and time is wasting.

Hopefully, I will have my missionary paperwork soon and God willing a pastoral license too. He is using me to teach, preach and deliver the broken. There is nothing like on the job training, and Jehovah is the best training manager. These amazing experiences will carry me through to whatever is next, wherever that might be.

I think the best advice you can give to anyone thinking about becoming a missionary, is to go with NO EXPECTATIONS. God moves on His timing, and how He wants to work. So as a missionary, you can’t get wrapped up in thinking YOU can do anything. It is all God, period, all GOD.

God is so cool! Let’s just say God has delivered me, and now He is using me to deliver others. From one Glorious ride in the valley, through the desert and then on the top of a few mountains, God takes you from one Glory to another. He is such an awesome GOD! So I just want to shout it on the mountaintops and reach as many souls as I can because He is SO AMAZING! Everyone deserves the freedom i have found in Jesus

You turned my wailing into dancing; you removed my sackcloth and clothed me with joy, that my heart may sing your praises and not be silent. LORD my God, I will praise you forever. ~ psalms 30;11-12

3 comments:

  1. Love you Becky and God Bless You always!!!! Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an awesome story. It encourages my heart that there are still people who will go where others do not want to go and will give their life for the cause of Christ.

    Blessings my sister!
    Pastor Duke

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful! May God bless you.

    PASTOR BLESSING.V
    AP - INDIA

    www.pastorblessing.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete